• Invest in the future of Our History

    The Capital Campaign is raising funds to ensure our historical properties are there to tell future generations the story of our County’s rich history.

    Get The Full Story
  • The Meeker House

    After moving west from his birth state of Vermont in 1797, Forrest Meeker tried settling in Pennsylvania, Southern Ohio, and Kentucky, before finally choosing the partially cleared 624 acre farm along the west bank of the Olentangy River in 1811, just south of a new settlement called Delaware.

    More
  • The Nash House

    Built in 1878 for Thomas and Mina Slattery, grandparents of Dr. George Parker of Delaware, the residence was purchased by William Henry Nash and his wife Emeline in 1885 and it remained in the Nash family until 1954 when Miss Pauline Nash presented the house to the Delaware County Historical Society. Eugene Nash added the front porch after 1916.

    History of the Nash House
  • Garth Oberlander Barn

    Forrest Meeker left Vermont in 1797 and tried settling in in Pennsylvania, Southern Ohio, and Kentucky before buying 624 partially-cleared acres along the Olentangy River, including a wooden grist mill on the river, from John Beard in 1811.

    More
  • Memories of Christmas Past

    The DCHS window at the Hair Studio is filled with Christmas memories. It features a snow covered scene, with a train layout courtesy of Jack Hilborn. The tree shaped display shows a selection of Christmas gifts and cards from Delaware's past.

    Directions to The Hair Studio

Our mission is to promote and sustain interest in the history of Delaware County, Ohio through historical preservation and education.

We feature tours for school groups as well as individuals

Feature image
Our Collections

A link to our collection of artifacts stored in PastPerfect

Feature image
More old Photographs and history of Delaware

from our friends at delaware43015.com

Feature image
A Walk on Winter Street

A self guided tour in Google Maps

Feature image
A Stroll Down Sandusky Street

A self guided tour in Google Maps

News

Hours of Operation at the Nash House Museum and Cryder Historical Research Center

Sunday 2 to 5 PM Wednesday 10 to Noon and 1 to 5 PM